Monday 25 October 2010

Yesssssssssssss, the plaster bandage is dry!!!!!!!!!!!

I left the armature in the airing cupboard at home for 4 days which has dried it out completely. The previous week whilst I was waiting was well spent making the weapons and accessories so I haven't lost any time on the overall process.










I began the sculpting process by massing out the armature with clay. My maquette was a good indicator for where the muscle mass was in relation to the pose so I use that as a basis to apply the clay.



One problem I found with applying the plaster bandage to the armature was that once it had dried I wouldn't have the opportunity to amend or change it as I would if the sculpt was solid clay. This made me very wary of the armature massing out process, I probably didn't mass it out enough, particularly the head. I applied clay to the head and it was becoming far too heavy. I removed the clay and decided to mass out more with the aluminium foil as I wasn't willing to take the risk with the plaster bandage drying out over the same timescale as before, especially as the head would require thicker layers.


No comments:

Post a Comment