Wednesday 6 October 2010

Deciding to make a maquette

At the moment, because of the lack of reference, it is even more important that I sculpt a rough maquette to resolve any issues I may have making sure the pose, weight, anatomy and proportions look correct before I start to sculpt the final figure. My understanding what happens with the Hobgoblins pose from the angles that I can't see with the artwork is an important to make sure the sculpt is accurate to the character.

The maquette will also act as a 'test piece' to bottom out any issues that I may have whilst sculpting the final figure. Issues will take much less time to resolve on a 1/3 scale maquette than a full size sculpt.

Whilst looking at the artwork I have decided that because of the eyeball position (looking at you sideways on) and that the legs are bent that he is on his tip toes sneaking. His eyes have a 'shifty' look about them and he has a sly grin which suggests he is up to no good.

No comments:

Post a Comment