Thursday 21 October 2010

Bow case

I opted to shape the bow case from Polyurethane foam initially, this would allow me to approach it from a sculptural process. If I made the case from clay this would mean I had to mould and cast it. The change in material ensured an overall reduction in time for the production of the finished case by reducing the processes. Polyurethane foam doesn't melt when it comes into contact with Upol car body filler and spray paints, this allows me to shape the foam and then cover it in a hard coat of filler to cover over the foamy texture.






I will need to add some additional shaping to the bow case with milliput. The dragon patternation I intend to sculpt in Sculpey and bake with a heat gun whilst it is on the bow case, this will ensure that it keeps the curve required before it is finally glued down.

No comments:

Post a Comment