Friday 15 October 2010

Final Armature

Through discussions with David Goode (www.david-goode.com) and researching the John Brown dvd (Sculpture 1: The character armature) I have opted to make a telescopic armature. This will help me both in the sculpting process where I can remove the arms to access the sides of the torso or to work on them individually, I also intend to make the head removable for the same reason- it will allow me to work on the head more comfortably. The telescopic armature will also help in the moulding process where it will be much easier to mould the parts of the sculpt.




The armature is made from square profile 6.35mm (1/4") aluminium armature wire. I chose again through discussions with David to use this for the strength and resistance to sag.







No comments:

Post a Comment