Tuesday 26 October 2010

Massing the head from foam!!!!

I was still experiencing the same issues as I always do with aluminium foil- ensuring that it was packed tightly enough and not allowing it to slide around the armature wire.

I opted to discard this method and block out the head from polyerethane foam which I could then apply the clay too. This method would ensure the integrity of the head would be solid rather than foil.






I have opted to use ball bearings which are the same diameter (32mm) as the glass eyes which I may buy from eyedentity should I not decide to paint them myself. This will ensure that whatever I sculpt with regards to the eye shape, eyelids and brow that the eyeball will not be distorted as it may be if it were sculpted from clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment