Wednesday 20 October 2010

Plaster Bandage Armature Massing Out

As I wasn't comfortable with the aluminium foil for the sculpture massing out I opted to use plaster bandage. I felt that this would give me more control over where I was massing out rather than the foil which becomes very peacemeal and I find difficult to bind together into one uniform mass using wire. It can also be very unstable whilst I am sculpting onto it and tends to twist around the armature. Plaster bandage is the opposite as long as it is worked into the wire wrap that I have wound around the square aluminium armature wire. It will also bond well to itself allowing me to build it up in layers, and be hard and solid whilst sculpting onto it. The only drawback to this process is waiting for it to thoroughly dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment