Monday 22 November 2010

Silicone Moulding

The silicone jacket I am making around the sculpt will be one part with a cut down the back, and then the cut splits off down the backs of the thighs and calf muscles and down the backs of the shoes. This will allow me to keep the seam lines to a minimum with the potential if there are any to not be at the front of the figure.

Body and Legs-

I have opted to bulk out the silicone to remove all the undercuts around the shoes and knees to change the original plan for a six part fibreglass jacket into a two part jacket.

Head-

With the head I plan to make a one part silicone jacket and cut the head out down the back of the hat and then down the back of the head and under the chin. This will avoid a seam line down the front of the face.

Arms-

I intend to mass out the silicone jacket removing the undercuts to allow for a two part fibreglass jacket on each of the arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment