Monday 1 November 2010

Removable Arms

After discussions with David Goode about my armature and the number of parts I would need to sculpt it in both to make the sculpting process easier and to ensure that I could mould and cast it easily I opted to make the arms in two parts. This required some retrospective cutting up of the armature. With the use of aluminium armature wire for the bones of the hand through to the fingers as a real persons hand is, it ensured that the width was correct as well as the position of the fingers.

The armature wire running through the hand and fingers also ensured that should I need to resposition their position then this was fairly easy. It also ensured that the clay had a firm structure running through it which would aid the moulding process.



No comments:

Post a Comment